Beginning in the 2017 school year, our school will be relocated to a historic mansion built in 1878 by nuts and bolts magnate Barton Hoopes. At the time, Hoopes spared no expense in constructing the building. This is evident nearly 140 years later in the wonderfully preserved features of the house. From the grand staircase to the mahogany mirrored book cases; down to the scrollwork located on all the door locks and unique filigree found on the oversized door hinges, the house is filled with fine craftsmanship and exquisite details throughout.
While the building maintains a window into a bygone era of Philadelphia, it has undergone an extensive renovation and has been completely modernized beneath the surface with fully updated plumbing, electrical, fire suppression, and HVAC systems.
Ideally situated at 18th and Spring Garden, we are within walking distance to three parks, multiple world renowned museums, the Free Library, Dilworth Plaza at City Hall, and much more. Also, the location is convenient to multiple modes of public transportation.
Our new space will consist of:
- Two large sun-filled classrooms, each comprised of two rooms which flow into each other
- A brand new commercial grade kitchen with a custom-built island specially designed to fit our toddlers so that they can help prepare our meals
- 1000 square foot indoor gross motor space
- Nearly 1000 square foot, gated-in outdoor gross motor space
- Outdoor space to plant and garden
Here is a floorplan of the space: